Wednesday 13 August 2014

My Ombre hair story

Hey Cuties,

For those of you asking on Twitter, Fb Inbox, Email, Whatsapp!!  QUESTIONS about how I got my hair colored??, where??, why??...bla bla finally answered...So here is my story..

I had got my hair colored at THE LAKME STUDIO at Bandra, about two months ago. I really wanted observe my hair's behavior after color as this was my first time ever getting down and experimenting with my virgin hair and that is why I am writing this detailed post for all of you planning to get color!

As some of may know or not, I have always had long hair and a fringe since forever, once I stepped into my professional WORK life I thought to myself "I need a change" and hair makeovers always make a big difference.

I had done tonnes of research and planned well in advance what I wanted to get, the Ombre trend is what I really wanted to get my hands or rather hair into! The complied collage below were few images I have been eyeing forever now!

I had booked an appointment with Lakme a couple of days in advance. I had carried these pictures along with me as a reference so I could show them what I really wanted. The purple Ombre is exactly what I wanted but unfortunately LAKME did not do bold colors and had only a couple of blondes and browns..which was sad, but I really wanted this change so I chose a darker blonde as they suggested would look the best for my complexion..

The total makeover costed about Rs 5250/- including taxes.The entire process took about 3-4 hours as my hair type is stubborn and the pigments wouldn't leave my hair! The hair stylist told me that hair colors are always damaging and maintaining is painstaking. She also told me that I would have to do the following to maintain my hair's condition, which I do follow diligently.
- Regularly condition my hair after hair wash and also wash the conditioner with cold water and make sure I do not wash it off completely. 
- Do not use hair dyers too often/ do not use heated products  i.e. straightening or curlers. 
- Hair wash twice every week.
- Hair spa/ serum wash once every month.


However, I was not extremely happy with how it turned out but I try to appreciate it as I know the amount of hard work Lamke put in, the money and time which went into it making this happen Also my hair was also being a total Badass and not reacting to the chemicals used on my hair! so this is how my hair turned out...


I use the dove Intense repair shampoo and conditioner and I love how it takes good care of my hair. Those of you looking for a good shampoo should try this once!

As days passed my hair turned lighter and the texture of the hair was kinda rubbish, split ends appeared, got rough eventually and looked more JHADOO kinds! Also my hair looks difference in different lighting and Overall its not that Bad. I'm just being to Rude to MYSELF :p




One of my smartest move to get Ombre hair was that in case I was bored of the look I could just chop it off, So choose what you want every carefully and Try not to have regret too many thing in life :)

I hope I have covered up all your queries! In case you need to know anything, leave them in the comments below.

also do like my facebook page michelle61092
follow me on instagram michelles_atelier
subscribe to my youtube channel michellesatelier




No comments:

Post a Comment