Sunday 22 March 2015

Papa Accepts the #WashBucketChallenge


Michelle: PAPA, PAPA!
Michelle's Father: What is it? Are you back from work?
Michelle: Yes, Papa. I'm Tired. *lays on the bed*
Michelle's Father: Get up Lazy girl and do your laundry.
Michelle: Papa..
Michelle's Father: WHAT NOW?
Michelle: I have a challenge for you.
Michelle's Father: Oh, really? What is it? I love challenges.
Michelle: Are you sure? If I tell you, there's no turning back.
Michelle's Father: You can tell, now!
Michelle: *TAKES OUT A BAG OF ARIEL MATIC DETERGENT POWDER* Papa I challenge you to take up the "Wash Bucket Challenge". All you have to do is wash my clothes.
Michelle's Father: THAT'S ALL?
Michelle: AH! Yes... But papa you have never washed your clothes before... it's either MAMA or ME who does it for you.
Michelle's Father: But there can always be a first time. MICHELLE FURTADO I ACCEPT YOUR CHALLENGE, but please guide me here and there 
Michelle: LOL! This will be fun...

What is the Wash Bucket Challenge?
Ariel has come up with an initiative to spread Gender quality and break the most common mentality that doing the Laundry is a woman's job and SHARE THE LOAD instead. The Wash bucket challenge is nothing grief, but for a MALE be it your FATHER, BROTHER, HUSBAND OR BOYFRIEND to accept the challenge and do the laundry. How cool, isn't it?

I challenged my FATHER.
He Gladly accepts.

Oh! I wish I could document each moment at the time of setting the machine to the appropriate wash settings. It was EPIC! Mom and I could not resist making fun of the him each time he read out the settings loudly. He was pretty Mad he wanted to give up, but he constantly asked for help and finally was able to push the start button after he realized and managed to set the timing right. Well, after the washing was done. He always does the drying of the clothes otherwise and take a little help passing the clothes to him, but today he did the whole process of drying up the clothes himself. He was pretty content after that and asked us to rate him, MY WEIRD PAPA BEAR! He is the best and does his best in any given situation. I would give him a 10 /10. He says he would do the Laundry more often now. WOW! now that's a good start! Mama and I have my Papa to SHARE THE LOAD WITH.

ARE YOU A WASHING YOUR CLOTHES FOR THE FIRST TIME? 
I HAVE SOME TIPS FOR YOU.
- Read the Wash Care Instruction: It is important for those who cannot tell the difference between fabric. Read the composition labels of the garment and segregate the clothes accordingly.

-SEPARATE: It is very important to separate the load either by fabric weight or mostly it's color. Make sure you wash the lighter colors in one batch and the darker colors in the next. You never know when you would ruin that best shirt.

-SOAK: If you have dirty clothes and not just sweaty clothes, soaking the clothes loosens up the stain or dirt and then put this in the washing machine instead of just putting them in the washing machine directly.

I ASKED MY PAPA WHO WOULD HE WANT TO SEE ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE?
He says every man should do this, it is fun but could get hectic doing this every single day and so if you take turns with your wife or whoever it will make life easy. SHARING IS CARING YOU SEE!

I FURTHER NOMINATE THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE TO TAKE THE CHALLENGE:

This post is a part of the #WashBucketChallenge activity at BlogAdda.com is association with Ariel India.

No comments:

Post a Comment