Tuesday 10 March 2015

Start A New Life- My Story

#StartANnewLife, just how I started my new life! It was my boldest move towards living a new life with my parents at my new home, which was about to bring about the biggest change in my life. Not too long ago, somewhere around 2010 my parents and I were looking out for a new home in the city of dreams--Mumbai, we all know not how difficult it is to find the best house within budget and also which fits perfectly to be called the 'DREAM HOME'. We had a home already in the city, however, it got smaller and smaller as I started to grow older.


IMAGE SOURCE
My older house was just 1 Room and a kitchen. When I was younger it was perfect as I was the only child living along with my mom and dad, a perfect 'Nuclear Family'. I would share the bed with my parents which was not a problem back then; I did not have too many clothes so I would stuff my clothes into my mom's cupboard. My study area was a portable chair with an inbuilt storage desk in which I could easily store my books. Well, TOYS! I did have a cute trunk back then which was passed down to me from my granny, but my toys never were kept in the trunk instead scattered around the home. THAT'S IT! As my mom and dad were well organized and the loft did give us plenty storage space it was kind of a perfectly imperfect home for the three of us.

Time passed by; I grew up. At the time of my college days I realized I was living in a matchbox. During my three year fashion designing course, I was overburdened with projects, group projects, etc. I had to go to live in my classmates home working over night or there were times I had to call them over to my place to complete the projects. Now, that was when my mom and dad realized I was not comfortable in my own house.

In my second year of college my parents started planning for a new home. Wherein there would be plenty of space for all my belongings like heaps of clothes, piles of fashion books and good enough space wherein I could store my priced possession like my granny's trunk and all of my stuffed toys which I can't let go of and plenty of this like my desk which I had to let go of too. Starting anew or starting over generally teaching us the most important life lesson of letting go.

After months of hunting for our perfect home we found it! We found a lovely 2BHK house. It was perfect; French windows in the living area looking over the streets, a perfect kitchen for mom, a king sized room for dad, a lovely bedroom perfectly spacious with a seating area next to the window, ah! It seemed like walking into a dream! Soon my parents knew that, it was the perfect house and after consulting with our relatives, they decided to invest all their hard earned savings into that house and make it a home. That was it! That moment was the time we started a new life. 




BE SURE TO VISIT HOUSING IN THE LINK BELOW AND START A NEW LIFE
https://housing.com/in


Be sure to
like my facebook page michelle61092
follow me on instagram michelles_atelier
subscribe to my youtube channel michellesatelier

No comments:

Post a Comment