Sunday 1 March 2015

Apno Ko Apne Dum Pe Jeena Sikhao - #MyFamilyMyPride


FAMILY- What comes to your mind when one says FAMILY? Well, all that comes to my mind is LIFE SUPPORT, without which my existence would not be possible also without which I would never be what I am today. What if that one person in your family whom you are most dependent on just disappears someday?.................I know, I know you and I really wish and hope that never happens, EVER! 

The thought about living without my FATHER disturbs me. I do not know how I will ever live my life without him. My Dad always has my back. I still remember him dropping me to school gate on the bike and he would be waving goodbye until I fade away among the kids, even if he could not see me I could see him across the road waving.

He would always be there for all my sports events; I used to force him to come to it as I believed he was my lucky charm! HE REALLY WAS as I always won; if he would not be there I am sure I would have lost all those medals and certificates.

Every Saturday he would wake me up and get my bags ready for swimming classes, OH! How much of a brat I was back then, I used to be HYDROPHOBIC so I never liked entering the deep blue pool. Sometimes I used to make sure I fall in school or something so I would have fresh wounds just so the teacher would not allow me to enter the water. But that trick was painful and not consistent. Eventually his determination, bribes and mostly EMOTIONAL BLACKMAILING motivated me to go for it; it was funny how the phobia slowly faded away too.

He used to surprise me sometimes by waiting for me outside school to pick me up after karate classes. But this did not stop, I am now a 22 year old and even now PAPA always makes it a point to call me in the evenings and make sure if he would want him to come to my workplace and ride me back home. I LOVE MY PAPA! We have this really unique bond which nobody will ever have or understand. 


My father has always stood by my side. He has made me a stronger woman, behind all the classes he has encouraged me to join there was a motive, I can swim like a fish, also won medals which I owe to him. In a dangerous situation, I could totally use my stances to defend myself. Isn't my PA the smartest? He had it planned all for me, I wish I were smart enough to understand that the motive behind all his hard work he had put in was to make me a better, more self-reliant person.

The circle of life sometimes hits hard me and it gets me all emotional. Life goes on and someday I will have to live without him, I will have to move on and live on my own. Live with all what he has taught me and live with what he has left behind for me. I am happy and very grateful for my family and most thankful for PAPA!

HDFC has this very beautiful commercial with a very meaningful song, which got me into tears. Reminds me of  my relationship with my dad. Be sure to watch it.


HDFC LIFE- SAR UTHA KE JIYO.
HDFC Life is one of the leading life insurance companies in India offering a range of individual and group insurance solutions that meet various customer needs such as Protection, Pension, Savings & Investment and Health, along with Children’s & Women’s Plan.

BE SURE TO VISIT THEIR WEBSITE: HDFC LIFE

This post is written in association with Indiblogger and HDFC bank.

Be sure to
like my facebook page michelle61092
follow me on instagram michelles_atelier
subscribe to my youtube channel michellesatelier

No comments:

Post a Comment